Welcome to Hermosa Surf Vacations!
Hermosa Surf Vacations is the perfect Costa Rica Surf Camp destination! We offer the experience in the water and hospitality on land to create the ultimate Costa Rica Surf Vacation for guests of all ages and surf skill levels. Hermosa Surf Vacations goes to great lengths to create a relaxing and memorable time for everyone. We offer unparalleled attention to our guests while respecting the desired privacy level of each person. We have a variety of packages which include transportation, gourmet food, beachfront accommodation, surf lessons, massages, adventure tours, and much more. For those who want to bring the family along we can provide exceptional all day private nanny or maid service to make your vacation more relaxing.
Surf Costa Rica with Hermosa Surf Vacations. We are located in beautiful Playa Hermosa, one of the most beautiful and consistent surf breaks in the Central Pacific region of Costa Rica. Playa Hermosa is a small surf town famous for great waves, a lush environment, warm water and friendly people.
Surfing at Playa Hermosa can offer great advantages:
- Playa Hermosa's waves break 365 days a year so Hermosa Surf Vacations surfers can count on having waves for their surf trip.
- Playa Hermosa is a beach break. This offers two advantages:
- Beach breaks are often considered safer than reef breaks or point breaks because the sand bottom is more forgiving than rocks or reef.
- The sand bottom of Playa Hermosa also offers smaller waves on the inside for beginners and larger waves on the outside for advanced surfers.
- For more adventurous surfers there are many point breaks and reef breaks near-by.
- Best of all Playa Hermosa is 7 kilometers long so crowds are only a factor if you want them to be. If you want to surf completely alone, it is always possible. Your comfort level can always be achieved!
Playa Hermosa is a great place for guests of all ages and interests. Hermosa Surf Vacations offers a variety of alternate activities that are included with the price of all packages.
- We have a fleet of mountain bikes that can be used for exercise, transportation or sightseeing. The bikes can come in handy on those rare days with little swell—it's fun to ride 25 minutes down the beach to the estuary to catch a glimpse of some crocodiles or howler monkeys. They can also be used by the more adventurous type to tour the many jungle trails in the nearby hills.
- We offer morning yoga practice every Tuesday and Thursday which often focuses core-strength and flexibility—prefect for the body of a surfer. Many previously skeptical guests leave amazed at how much yoga has helped their surfing technique and strength while protecting them further from injuries. Please ask about our Surf/Yoga package that involves more yoga immersion than the regularly scheduled classes.
- We have fishing poles that can be used to do some shore fishing or fishing in one of the local estuaries or lagoons.
- HSV has a quiver of surfboards that is at each guests disposal. From shortboards to fishes to longboards to soft-tops—we have you covered if you feel like leaving your board at home or are just learning to surf. Depending on the package you choose, surf lessons can be included in the price as well.
We offer a variety of other activities like whitewater rafting, horseback riding, kayaking, massage, waterfall tours, canopy tours, ATV tours and more that are included with the price of each package. Other premium activities and tours can be arranged for a reduced fee to our guests like deep sea fishing, scuba diving, full-day volcano tours, etc. A detailed description and pricing for all these activities and tours can be found HERE. Playa Hermosa also offers a variety of restaurants and a bit of nightlife as well.
Hermosa Surf Vacations is perfectly situated on the lush Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. We are a little over an hour drive from the main airport you would arrive at in the city of San Jose. Once you're here you will find a thriving beach town named Jaco only five miles away where you can stalk up on groceries, eat out a variety of restaurants, rent a movie or go to the bank. The country of Costa Rica has amazingly diverse landscapes, from tropical rain forests and dry tropical, temperate forests, to volcanoes, both Caribbean and Pacific beaches, high mountains and marshy lowlands. Our aim is to deliver as much of this diversity you want to experience!
Check out a recent article in the popular surf web-magazine CostaRicaSurfing.org.
Private 2 Bed 1 Bath Bungalow with partial ocean view. Complimentary breakfast and surf transportation included dailyâ€¦and more!
All Inclusive! Oceanfront Private 2 Bedroom 1 Bath Bungalow with 3 Healthy Gourmet Meals Included per day. All transportation Includedâ€¦.and more!
Experience one of the longest waves in the world in our amazing oceanview retreat with complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner and endless surf!